This month the Baking partners decided on baking using Pumpkins - the fall vegetable. I can see so many different types of them - shape, size and color. I have seen so many recipes and pictures of spiced pumpkin breads and cakes, but never got a chance to bake one. Thanks to the Baking Partners, I finally baked this pumpkin bread.
This is an eggless recipe which can be easily made vegan by replacing the honey with Maple syrup as the original recipe calls for. The bread turned out to be amazing and I see myself baking them again in future.
What you’ll need
- All Purpose Flour – 1 cup
- Whole Wheat Flour – ¾ cup
- Baking Soda – 1 tsp
- Baking Powder – ½ tsp
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Cinnamon Powder – ½ tsp
- Speculaas Spice Powder – ½ tsp
- Brown Sugar – 1 cup
- Honey – 3 tbsp
- Pumpkin Puree – 1 cup
- Oil – ½ cup
- Water – 4 tbsp
- Walnuts – ½ cup, chopped
- Pre- heat oven to 175 C.
- Grease and dust a loaf pan.
- In a wide bowl, add the flours, baking powder, baking soda, spice powders, brown sugar and salt.
- Mix and keep aside.
- In another mixing bowl, add the pumpkin puree, oil, honey and water, mix until well incorporated.
- Add the wet ingredients mixture to the dry ingredients and mix just until well incorporated. Do not over mix. The batter will be really thick. Don’t worry.
- Fold in the chopped walnuts.
- Transfer the batter to the greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes. Check after 50 mins.
- Once done, remove from oven, and cool.
- Slice after it has completely cooled.