Hot chocolate is something I order most of the times in coffee shops. When I was looking for a hot chocolate recipe to try at home, I found many spiced up versions. Thought of giving a try to this unusual combination of Chilly, Chocolate and Cinnamon. It was quite good, very chocolatey, with the wonderful flavor of cinnamon and the slight heat of the chilly. On the whole a lovely combo. Do try it.
Serves – 2
What you’ll need
- Milk – 2 Cups (about 200 ml)
- Dark Cooking Chocolate – 75 gms, chopped into small pieces
- Cinnamon – 1 inch stick
- Red Chilli Powder – a pinch
- Sugar – as per taste
- Pour the milk in a vessel, add the cinnamon stick and bring it to a boil. Stir it once in a while.
- In the meanwhile, melt the chocolate using a double boiler.
- Add the melted chocolate, red chilli powder and sugar to the milk and stir well.
- Remove from heat and pour into mugs.
That’s it. Enjoy!
Linking this to Kalyani's Magic Mingle - Chillies and Cinnamon