Monday, January 2, 2012

Strawberry Milkshake


Here is a really simple recipe to kick start the New Year! Milkshake of any kind is our family favorite.  My daughter loves strawberries; somehow I am not a huge fan of these sour berries. But I sure love the lovely pink milkshake made out of these.

Talking of Milkshakes reminds me of my college days in Cochin. I have never had as many different kinds of milkshakes ever after that. There were so many different varieties available, Sharjah Shake, Oman Shake, Date Shake, and Dry Fruits Shake are just a few to name. These milkshakes used to be so thick, that we were given a straw as well as a spoon to have it.

Here’s my way of preparing the Strawberry Milkshake.



Serves: 3
What you’ll need

  1. Strawberries – 10 to 12
  2. Cold Milk – 3 Cups
  3.  Vanilla Ice Cream – 2 Scoops (Optional)
  4. Sugar – According to taste

Method

  1. Wash the berries and chop them roughly.
  2.  Blend the berries and sugar until smooth.
  3. Next add the ice cream and milk and blend until frothy.



Transfer into serving glasses. Serve chilled.

Note: Adding ice cream is totally optional, but using it gives a nice creamy texture.
You could use full cream instead of ice cream too.

27 comments:

Indian Khana said...

Yum n refreshing ....looks fab

Sony Dinesh said...

Good....feel like tasting it....

Gayathri NG said...

Happy new year dear!!
Yummy n refreshing drink, luv the flavour...

faseela said...

super refreshing....n healthy dring............my daughters fav too

Ambreen (Simply Sweet n Savory) said...

Delicious drink, fabulous! Warmest New Year wishes to you & your family! Dear, I've shared an award with you. Please come by and pick it up :)

Simply Sweet 'n Savory

Unknown said...

Simply superb kaveri. I liked the cute umbrella a lot and you know I hunt it where ever I see it. Mostly in chennai, it is served with falooda. I order falooda just for getting this umbrella :-)

Hari Chandana P said...

Very healthy and delicious milkshake.. Yummy !
Indian Cuisine

Vimitha Durai said...

Love it... Love strawberries anytime

Sensible Vegetarian said...

Very refreshing shake, looks awesome.

Pushpa said...

Milkshake with strawberry Yum!!Yum!!.Happy 2012 Kaveri.

Priya Suresh said...

Happy new year wishes to u and ur family..refreshing and super delicious shake..

Nalini's Kitchen said...

Delicious and refreshing milk shake....nice click..

Sangeetha M said...

my fav milkshake, so delicious one...very nice presentation...
Plz do checkout my space for a pleasant surprise :))

Spicy Treats
OnGoing Event ~ Dish It Out-Brinjal n Garlic

Sobha Shyam said...

love this drink and its absolutely yummy..nice clicks..Happy New year to you and your family.

anjana said...

Hi Kaveri..thanks for droping by to my space and for your lovely comments...
you have a nice space and delicious recipes..
love to follow your beautiful blog too..

Kalyani said...

look delicious and yum !!!

Chitra said...

Nice post. wish u a very happy new year :)

Kavita R said...

Healthy option...

Roshni said...

beautiful presentation....

Swathi said...

Delicious strawberry Milk shake. Happy new year to you and family. Hope 2012 brings all the happiness.

Jayanthy Kumaran said...

looks so yumm kaveri...perfect recipe..;)
Tasty Appetite

Vidhya said...

Milkshakes any kind are dear to me I can live on these and yours sound so very delicious I loved the addition of ice cream to give the added punch.Happy 2012!

Unknown said...

Very healthy and delicious milkshake..Wish U a very happy new year 2012.....

Urmi said...

Wish you and your family a very Happy New Year.
I love strawberry milkshake very much and feel like having a glass now. Looks yummy and lovely.

Teena said...

Refreshing milkshake!!! You have a 'Happy blogger award' at my space. Grab it from this link: http://teenzyummydelights.blogspot.com/2011/11/liebster-blog-award.html

Christy Gerald said...

Yumm and lipsmackingly good S.Milkshake Dear. Delish!

Archana said...

love this one

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...