This chocolate delight I can say, was my first attempt at making something sweet and edible. I was in Class 9 or 10, and tasted this at my friend’s place. Fell in love with it immediately and when I came to know that she was the one who had prepared it, I immediately asked for the recipe. Came home, asked mom for the ingredients, thankfully everything was available readily and prepared it right then. I enjoyed the whole process of making it and it was quite a hit. I used to prepare it whenever I had a craving to eat something chocolaty. But somewhere down the lane, I forgot about it totally. When I was browsing through Gayathri’s space for this week's Blog Hop, I saw the name Marie Biscuit Chocolate Log. Immediately I checked out the recipe and it was what I had expected. Preparing this yummy chocolate treat brought back so many sweet memories. A Big Thanks to Gayathri. You can find the original recipe here.
Makes 2 small logs
What you’ll need
- Marie Biscuit – 24
- Warm Milk – ½ cup
- Sugar – 5 tbsp + 1 tsp (increase or decrease acc to taste)
- Butter – 50 gms (approx 4 tbsp)
- Cocoa Powder – 1 tbsp
- Broken cashew nuts – a little
- In a bowl, add the warm milk and a tsp of sugar. Mix well.
- Dip the Marie biscuit one by one in the milk, remove it and stack them one on top of the other. (I stacked 12 biscuits in one log.)
- Powder the remaining sugar.
- In a bowl, mix together, butter, cocoa Powder and sugar to form a smooth cream.
- Apply this cream on the biscuit logs, using a knife. Smoothen as much as possible.
- Sprinkle some broken nuts on top.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
That’s it our yummy chocolate logs are ready. Cut into pieces and serve them.