Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Marie Biscuit Chocolate Logs




This chocolate delight I can say, was my first attempt at making something sweet and edible. I was in Class 9 or 10, and tasted this at my friend’s place. Fell in love with it immediately and when I came to know that she was the one who had prepared it, I immediately asked for the recipe. Came home, asked mom for the ingredients, thankfully everything was available readily and prepared it right then. I enjoyed the whole process of making it and it was quite a hit. I used to prepare it whenever I had a craving to eat something chocolaty. But somewhere down the lane, I forgot about it totally. When I was browsing through Gayathri’s space for this week's Blog Hop, I saw the name Marie Biscuit Chocolate Log. Immediately I checked out the recipe and it was what I had expected. Preparing this yummy chocolate treat brought back so many sweet memories. A Big Thanks to Gayathri. You can find the original recipe here.

Makes 2 small logs
What you’ll need

  1. Marie Biscuit – 24
  2. Warm Milk – ½ cup
  3. Sugar – 5 tbsp + 1 tsp (increase or decrease acc to taste)
  4. Butter – 50 gms (approx 4 tbsp)
  5. Cocoa Powder – 1 tbsp
  6. Broken cashew nuts – a little



Method

  1. In a bowl, add the warm milk and a tsp of sugar. Mix well.
  2. Dip the Marie biscuit one by one in the milk, remove it and stack them one on top of the other. (I stacked 12 biscuits in one log.)
  3. Powder the remaining sugar.
  4. In a bowl, mix together, butter, cocoa Powder and sugar to form a smooth cream.
  5. Apply this cream on the biscuit logs, using a knife. Smoothen as much as possible.
  6. Sprinkle some broken nuts on top.
  7. Refrigerate for 2 hours.



That’s it our yummy chocolate logs are ready. Cut into pieces and serve them.

49 comments:

Lifewithspices said...

simply awesome an quick recipe.. too good.. bookmarked

Faseela said...

bookmarked..........fabulous recipe...easy too.will give a try soon...thanx 4 sharing

Kalyani said...

super recipe !

Kalyani
Sizzling Tastebuds
Magic Mingle challenge for Jan’12 announced
Event : Microwave Easy Cooking (MEC)

Priya Suresh said...

Wow wat a super tempting chocolate logs,makes me drool..

Ganga Sreekanth said...

Yummy and perfectly done..love it

Raji said...

I too have bookmarked this from gayathri's space and wanting to try it from long and now your post is so tempting that I want to make it very soon.

Unknown said...

Lovely chocolate logs. Bookmarked this.

Radhika said...

Superb. love the chocolateyy logs. I'm sure the kids would like it very much.

Vimitha Durai said...

Simple yet yummy...

Pari Vasisht said...

Your narration took me back to my childhood too when I used make this quite often, looks yumm.


FOODELICIOUS

JANUARY EVENT, ‘ONLY’- SPROUTS & GIVEAWAY

Roshni said...

hey, looks simple and drooling. will try soon

Ramya said...

looks awesome..pls do link with my DESSERTS event too

Priya Srinivasan - I Camp in My Kitchen said...

Quick n Easy to make dessert!!!!

Priya dharshini said...

Luvly log...its my fav...bringing back my past.

Vineetha Sush said...

Simple and delicious...I too had made some thing like this long long time ago...

PrathibhaSreejith said...

Perfect Chocolate logs, I'm sue kids would have loved them :)

Gayathri Kumar said...

The log has come out beautiful. Hope you enjoyed it...

Nalini's Kitchen said...

Simple and delicious chocolate log,easy to make..

Rashida Shaikh said...

Very tempting...will give it a try..

The Pumpkin Farm said...

simplicity at its best

Archana said...

Love this. Simple recipes we do forget. Thanks.

Vidhya said...

This looks so very tempting I too make this but with a little change I dip this in coffee instead of milk.But I think milk would suit kids better.

Neha said...

Very very innovative recipe....Great for parties...

Sobha Shyam said...

such a cool and wonderful idea Kaveri..looks great..

Julie said...

Yummilicious n simple dessert..marie biscuit leaves awide range of choices..loved it!

Unknown said...

yummy & easy recipe...

Sravs said...

wonderful and yummy !! Thanks for linking for the event !!

Ongoing event CC-Chocolate Fest

Sensible Vegetarian said...

Looks so yummy.

Reshmi Mahesh said...

Super yummy recipe...

Rajani said...

Super simple and super yummy logs!

anjana said...

very innovative,delicious and easy recipe..looks great...

Gayathri NG said...

simply fantastic idea n looks delicious...

Gayathri NG said...

Awards have been waiting for u at my space please c the link below to know more...
http://g3foodspot.blogspot.com/2012/01/happy-blogger-award.html

Prathima Rao said...

Superb!!!!
Prathima Rao
Prats Corner

PrathibhaSreejith said...

You have an award waiting at my space dear, pls come n grab it
http://cook-ezee.blogspot.com/2012/01/lemon-rice-and-awards.html

Umm Mymoonah said...

No wonder it's a big hit, it definitely looks very tempting. Thank you for lin king with Any One Can Cook :)

lubnakarim06 said...

Wow...there is biscuit and there is cocoa...who can resist...looks yum....

Jyoti Babel said...

Fuss free recipe.. Loved it!

Suganya said...

Very creative one. Hope the kids enjoyed it a lot. YUM!

Christy Gerald said...

WoW!.Awesome recipe and luks real yumm. I'm drooling here.Delish!

Kala said...

Perfect for titbit treats :) loved the texture

Priya Sreeram said...

WOW - Tht's lovelyyyyyyyyyy

Treat and Trick said...

Beautifully done and so yummy!

www.mahaslovelyhome.com said...

very easy and yummy.i`l try in this week dear.thanx for d lovely recipe

Sobha Shyam said...

hey dear..please grab an award from my space :)

Anzz said...

Beautiful logs, wonderfully arranged. Loved it. I am announcing Valentines Special – my 1st blog event and a Giveaway.!. Please do be a part of it and send in your recipes..! :)

Nisa Homey said...

Hi first time here...OMG these logs looks so tempting..BTW r u blogging from Kerala?? Happy to follow u.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I do аgгее with all the ideaѕ you
hаve offerеd to уоur post. They're very convincing and will certainly work. Nonetheless, the posts are very brief for novices. May you please extend them a little from subsequent time? Thanks for the post.

Feel free to visit my homepage: tens

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...