This month the Groovy Gourmets, decided to prepare a drink from Foodgawker, which is dairy free. With the kind of weather here, I would have really liked to have something hot but then on one sunny day, I prepared this delicious fruit flavoured Iced Tea.
I guess there are no strict rules to prepare this iced tea. You could flavour it with a any fruit of your choice like strawberries, oranges, or even just lemon. I am sure it would be a welcome change from the regular drinks.
What you'll need
- Tea Bags – 3 (I used Lipton Black Tea)
- Fresh Raspberries – 1 cup
- Peaches – 2
- Sugar or Honey as per taste
- Mint leaves for garnish
- Bring 3 cups water to boil. Place the tea bags in it and let it steep for full 5 minutes.
- Discard the tea bags and let it cool.
- Peel the peaches and chop into small pieces.
- Blend the peaches and raspberries until smooth.
- Strain through a fine sieve.
- In a large vessel, whisk together raspberry peach mixture, brewed tea and sugar/honey.
- Refrigerate until chilled.
- Serve over ice, with more raspberries, peach slices and mint leaves.