Feels great to be back to my blog after a break of almost a month. Thought of starting my posts with a sweet and simple dish – Maaladdoo. It is fairly simple to make with very few and commonly available ingredients.
Makes about 15 small laddoos
What you’ll need
- Pottukadalai/Porikadalai/Chutney Dal – 1 Cup
- Sugar – 1 Cup
- Ghee – ½ Cup
- Cardamom – 3 to 4 pods
- Cashewnut – 10 to 15, broken into small pieces
- Powder the Pottukadalai.
- Powder the sugar and cardamom.
- Mix the two powders thoroughly. You can sieve them together for even mixing.
- Roast the cashewnuts in little ghee and add it to the pottukadalai sugar mixture
- Divide this mixture into two halves.
- Heat the ghee, until melted and hot.
- Add ghee little by little to the pottukadalai sugar mixture and mix with your hands until you are able to shape the mixture into balls without crumbling. This would require about ¼ cup of ghee.
- Now shape the mixture into small balls and smoothen it between your palms.
- The laddus will be soft in the beginning but will set in a while.
Store in airtight containers.