Wishing all my friends, a very Happy Tamil New Year and a Happy Vishu!
The magic ingredients for this month’s Magic Mingle were Carrots and Raisins. The first recipe that came immediately to my mind was the Carrot and Raisin salad which I had bookmarked to try for a long time. But somehow, I was unable to prepare it and in the last moment came up with this delicious and healthy milkshake. This filling milkshake can be served for a nutritious and fulfilling breakfast or as a healthy afterschool snack. It tastes best when served chilled. So let’s beat the summer’s heat with this wholesome milkshake.
What you’ll need
- Milk – 500 ml, boiled and chilled
- Carrots – 3 Medium
- Raisins – 1 fistful
- Oats – 1 tbsp
- Honey/sugar – as required
- Soak raisin in water for an hour.
- Peel and roughly chop carrots. Steam them. Let it cool.
- Blend the carrots, raisins, and oats by adding milk little at a time, to a smooth paste.
- Sweeten with honey or sugar according to your taste.
Pour into glasses and serve chilled.
Linking this to MM – Carrots and Raisins, Let’s Cook –Chilled Delights, Summer Spirits and to CC – Spring Seasonal Food