Summer is at its peak in most parts of our country. Summer in India is synonymous with watermelons, mangoes, jackfruit, and tender coconut. The roadsides are laden with mounds of watermelon. Usually you can see a lot of tender coconut vendors as well. But this year, due to the heavy cyclonic rains, in and around Chennai, many coconut trees were uprooted, due to which the supply of tender coconut is very less and hence this natural coolant has become a luxury drink in Chennai.
What better way to beat the summer’s heat, than with a glass of chilled fruit juice. So, for this month the Gourmet Seven decided to come up with some refreshing fruit drinks from the Epicurious. So here comes my pick:
Recipe Source: Epicurious
What you’ll need
- Watermelon – 4 cups, deseeded, cut into 1 inch cubes
- Strawberry – 1 cup, hulled and roughly chopped
- Ginger – 1 tsp, grated
- Juice of ½ a Lemon
- Sugar – per taste
- Squeeze the grated ginger and extract the juice.
- Blend the watermelon and strawberry until smooth, without adding water.
- Add the lemon juice and the ginger juice and stir well.
- Add sugar if required.
- Transfer into glasses and serve chilled