This year Ramanavami falls on the 8th of April 2014. Panakam, Neermor and Vadaparuppu are prepared as neivdhyam on this day.
Panakam is nothing but jaggery dissolved in water and flavored with cardamom and dry ginger powder with a hint of lemon. It is really simple to prepare, requires no cooking.
Makes - 1 cup
What you'll need
- Jaggery Powdered – ¼ cup
- Water – 1 cup
- Cardamom – 2, crushed
- Dry Ginger Powder/Sukku – a pinch
- Lemon Juice – 1.5 tsp
- Take the jaggery in a vessel add the cup of water and let it sit for 20 minutes.
- Mix and dissolve all the jaggery.
- Strain to remove impurities.
- Add the cardamom, dry ginger powder and lemon juice. Mix well.
Serve at room temperature or chill in refrigerator.