The International Food Challenge took us to explore the cuisine of Campania, Italy. The recipes for the month were suggested by Priya of Priya's Versatile Recipes. All the recipes looked simple and delicious and I was left confused as to which one to pick. Finally, I decided to go with these cute looking Crostinis as I have never tried them before.
Crositini is an Italian Appetiser, which is nothing but toasted or grilled bread usually Cibbatta topped with cheese, meat or vegetables. They are a breeze to put together and are perfect for parties. They were a great hit with my kids and these are going to be a regular in my kitchen.
Please pardon the photographs as I was in a real hurry and also it was really dark by the time I clicked. Will update with better pics soon.
Adapated from here
What you’ll need
- French Bread - 1 loaf, sliced
- Fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced - 1 ball
- Cherry tomatoes, sliced - 1 cup
- Butter - 2 tbsp, at room temperature
- Garlic - 1 clove, minced
- Fresh Basil - few, finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F / 180 degrees C.
- In a small bowl, mix garlic and butter. Brush both sides of sliced bread with garlic butter. Top with cheese, tomato slices and chopped basil.
- Bake 10 – 15 minutes until cheese is melted and serve warm.