When I was going through the recipes on my blog, I was quite surprised that I had not posted a single soup recipe so far. Though I am not a lover of soups and salads, but still I like a few of them and keep making them quite often on the pretext of eating healthy; my favorite one being Pumpkin apple soup. Though I have my method of making this soup, I decided to try out Nayna’s version for this week’s blog hop. It turned out very similar to what I usually make, without the calories from the butter which I use for sautéing onions, so this one is all the more healthier. So here comes my first soup recipe.
What you’ll need:
1. Pumpkin – 250 gms
2. Apple – 1
3. Bay Leaf – 1
4. Juice of half a lemon
5. Black pepper powder – ½ tsp
6. Salt to taste
7. Sugar a pinch
8. Fresh Coriander leaves
1. Wash, peel and chop the pumpkin into cubes. Also chop the apples.
2. Add enough water and cook the pumpkin and apples with the bay leaf till soft. Allow to cool.
3. Remove the bay leaf and blend the cooked pumpkin and apples into a puree.
4. Add this puree to another vessel, season with salt pepper and sugar. Adjust consistency by adding water or stock at this stage. Allow to simmer for about 3 to 4 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and add the juice of lemon. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
Yummy soup is ready.
You can add a little milk instead of water or stock while adjusting the consistency.