My daughter loves noodles and pasta. She would love to have it every other day. But I am really not in favor of the instant noodles that are available in the markets. But even then, I have to give in to my daughter’s demands (read - tantrums) many a times.
Though pastas have been available in the Indian markets since a very long time, I was introduced to this only very recently. But I never ventured into making it at home. Then one day, my daughter had this Maggi’s instant pasta and was addicted to it. That’s when I thought it’s high time for me to start experimenting with this ingredient. But the first few times I made, it was a failure, either the pasta would get overcooked or it would be only half cooked or sometimes the sauce would’nt be right. My daughter continued to like the Maggi instant pasta. That’s when I saw this recipe in Priya’s space, with whom I have been paired for this week’s blog hop. I decided to try it out and believe me; my daughter loved it and has asked me to make it again very soon. The pictures are terrible though, but you have to take my word on how delicious it was. I will soon update these pictures with better ones, since I will definitely have to make it again many more times for my daughter. Please find the original recipe here.
What you’ll need
1. Pasta (any variety) – 2 cups
2. Sweet corn nibbles – ½ cup or more (boiled)
For the sauce
1. Garlic – I clove
2. Butter – 2 tsp
3. All purpose flour/ Maida – 1 tbsp
4. Milk - 1 ½ cups
5. Cheese – 2 small cubes (I used Amul cheese)
6. Chilli Flakes – ½ tsp
7. Oregano – a big pinch
8. Pepper powder – ½ tsp
9. Salt to taste
1. Cook the pasta as per the instruction on the packet. Drain and refresh with cold water, drain again and keep aside. Add the boiled sweet corn nibbles to it.
For the sauce
1. Heat a non stick pan with butter, add crushed garlic and sauté.
2. Next add maida and sauté for a few minutes or till the raw smell disappears.
3. Now slowly add the milk while whisking continuously, so that no lumps are formed. Let this cook for about 2 to 3 minutes or till the sauce starts boiling.
4. Next add in one cube of grated cheese and mix well. Now add the chilli flakes, oregano and pepper powder and salt to taste. Mix well.
5. Now add the cooked pasta and corn. Mix well without breaking the pasta.
6. Finally, before serving add another cube of grated cheese.
That’s yummy and delicious pasta is ready to dig in.
See my daughter enjoying her yummy pasta!
Note: Adjust seasoning according to taste.
Linking this to Radhika’s Blog Hop.