No festivities are complete without sweets. So celebrate this Krishna Jayanthi with these really simple and easy to make laddoos. Prepared with commonly available ingredients, they are hit with kids and adults.
Makes about 15 laddoos
What you’ll need
- Rava/ Sooji – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Cardamom – 4
- Ghee/Clarified Butter- ¼ cup, melted
- Cashewnuts – 6 or 7, broken into small pieces
- Raisins – 10 to 15
- Heat a kadai with a little ghee, roast the cashewnuts until brown, then add the raisins and fry till they plump up. Transfer into a wide bowl.
- In the same kadai, add the rava/sooji and fry on medium heat, stirring continuously until light brown. Allow to cool.
- Grind the roasted rava. Grind according the amount of coarseness required. You can make a fine powder or leave it slightly coarse. Transfer into the bowl
- Powder the sugar and caradamom and transfer into the same bowl.
- Mix the cashews, raisins, powdered sooji, and sugar well.
- Add the ghee to this and mix well.
- Shape into small balls and set aside.
- Store in airtight containers.
If you are not able to form balls, add a tbsp or so of milk. But adding milk will reduce the shelf life.