This month the Groovy Gourmets decided to bake brownies. But these are not any regular brownies. The brownies had to have something other than chocolate in them. As soon as I saw that we had to bake brownies this month, I was very excited. Baking brownies has been on my to do list for a long time and finally I made them.
I chose to make these Zucchini brownies, that are egg free and use less fat and are made from whole wheat flour. What else can you ask for. I did not change the original recipe much, except that I used our regular Aashirwad atta instead of whole wheat pastry flour and also I used the regular cocoa instead of dark cocoa. The brownies were delicious, no one could guess the ingredients. Now off to the recipe:
Recipe Adapted from The Yummy Life
What you'll need
- Zucchini – 2 cup, chopped
- Sugar – 1 ¼ cup
- Vanilla – 1 tbsp
- Oil – ¼ cup
- Yoghurt – ½ cup
- Whole Wheat Flour – 2 cup
- Cocoa Powder – ½ cup
- Baking Powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Pre – heat the oven to 180C for 10 minutes.
- Grease a brownie pan or any rectangular tin and keep ready.
- Grind zucchini, sugar, oil, yoghurt and vanilla.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt.
- Add the wet ground ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well. Do not over mix.
- Pour into a greased tin and bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out with clean.
- Cool on wire rack.
Serve warm with a dollop of vanilla ice cream or dust the brownies with icing sugar or frost them if you like.