Soups are something which I have been saying, are not exactly my cup of tea. But now that winter is here, my daughter who is a soup lover is always asking me to prepare a warm bowl of soup for her. So I end up with a bowl for myself too. I have kind of started enjoying it as well. I always prefer to make the soup from scratch rather than using the ready to use powders. The fresh veggies always make a big difference not only from the nutritional point but also taste wise. Soups are a healthy and nutritious way to satiate your hunger pangs. A big bowl of vegetable soup is a fulfilling meal in itself. So here is the recipe for a yummy, warm and comforting bowl of goodness.
What you’ll need
1. Carrot – 1, finely chopped
2. Beans – 4 – 5, finely chopped
3. Fresh or frozen green peas – a handful
4. Sweet Corn Nibbles – a handful
5. Capsicum – 1/2, finely chopped
6. Cornflour – 1 tbsp
7. Milk – ½ cup
8. Butter/oil – 1 tsp
9. Pepper Powder – as required
10. Salt – to taste
1. In a vessel add all the chopped veggies except capsicum and cook them in enough water until done.
2. Dissolve cornflour in ¼ cup of water and keep aside.
3. Heat a pan with the butter/oil, add the chopped capsicum and sauté for few minutes on medium flame.
4. Now add in the veggies and the stock, add the seasonings and allow to simmer.
5. Next add in the cornflour and stir well. Allow to simmer till the soup thicken slightly.
6. Finally add in the milk, stir well and remove from heat.
Serve it hot.