Sunday, March 13, 2011

Palak Paneer

Here is my daughter’s all time favorite. Actually she loves anything that has paneer in it. Whenever I prepare any paneer dish, from the moment I bring the Paneer packet out my daughter will be right beside me, taking a bite of paneer every now and then.
Palak paneer is a popular North Indian gravy. I make it quite often at home to serve with rotis. This is quite a healthy dish. A great way to make your kids have some greens. Here’s the way I make it.




Ingredients Serves 4

1. Spinach or Palak - 2 small bunches
2. Paneer – 200 gms
3. Onions – 2
4. Tomatoes – 3
5. Green chillies – 2 to 3
6. Coriander powder – 1 tsp
7. Garam Masala – ½ tsp
8. Cream – ½ cup
9. Oil – 2 tsp
10. Jeera – 1 tsp
11. Salt to taste



Method

Wash and chop the palak roughly. Cook the palak leaves, cool and grind it into a paste. Chop the onions and tomatoes. Slit the green chillies. Cut paneer into cubes.
Heat a Kadai with oil, add jeera. Once jeera changes color, add the chopped onions, and green chillies. Saute for 2 to 3 mins or till the onions turn translucent. Then add the chopped tomatoes sauté for few more mins or till the tomatoes turn mushy and oil starts leaving the sides. Now add the coriander powder and fry for another min. Then add the palak puree, paneer pieces, salt and about ½ cup of water. Boil for 2 mins. Then add the garam masala powder and the cream. Simmer for 2 mins. Delicious Palak Paneer is ready to be served with hot rotis.
Sending this Yummy Palak Paneer to Srivalli’s Event, Guest Hosted by Champa- Kid’s Delight – Restaurant Recreations.

7 comments:

Umm Mymoonah said...

I love recipes with paneer, this is a very healthy and delicious dish. Thank you for sharing :)

Ms.Chitchat said...

Love this dish any time, one of my family favourite.

Reshmi said...

hi kaveri.. first time here and i love ur wonderful space.. Palak paneer looks rich and creamy.. love to follow u!!

Priya Suresh said...

Yumm, palak paneer looks absolutely inviting and healthy at the same time..

Raks said...

I too make a similar way,long time its been since I made this,looks so yummy!

Champa said...

Thanks Kaveri.

KrithisKitchen said...

I am a paneer fan too like ur kid :D..
Palak paneer looks so yummy..

http://krithiskitchen.blogspot.com
Herbs & Flowers in my Platter - Coriander/Cilantro

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...