It has been a long time since I posted any bakes here. This time when Priya suggested Savory bakes for the HomeBaker’s Challenge, I didn’t want to miss it. I love trying out savory bakes and these spinach and feta muffins were simply delicious. The next time I would surely like to add in some spicy kick to these muffins by adding some ground green chillies. They taste great immediately out of the oven, but were equally good on warming in the microwave for a minute the next day.
Recipe Adapted from here
Makes - around 18 muffins
What you’ll need
- Maida/All Purpose Flour – 2.5 cups
- Spinach Leaves – 2 cups, finely chopped
- Feta Cheese – ¾ cup, crumbled
- Tomatoes – ¾ cup, finely chopped
- Baking Powder – 2 tsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Milk – 1 1/3 cup at room temperature
- Buttter – 6 tbsp
- Plain Curd/Yogurt – 3 tbsp at room temperature
- 2 tbsp of mozzarella
- Pre-heat oven to 200C. Line a muffin tray with liners and set aside.
- In a wide bowl, add the all purpose flour, salt, baking powder and mix well.
- Next add the chopped spinach leaves, feta, tomatoes and mix well.
- Melt the butter in the microwave. To this add the milk and curd and whisk well.
- Pour this mixture to the other spinach flour mixture and combine well.
- Spoon the batter into the lined muffin tray until ¾ filled. Top with grated mozzarella.
- Bake for around 20 minutes or until the top turn golden brown. Insert a toothpick and make sure there is no unbaked dough.
- Remove and cool.