Sunday, March 31, 2013

Elaneer Payasam/ Tender Coconut Payasam and My 250th Post


I am very happy to write my 250th post today. It has been a wonderful journey so far. Lots of friends, lots of learning: new cuisines, recipes, etc. Started my baking expedition recently. So far nothing’s gone wrong with my bakes and I'm mighty glad about it. Hope it continues to be the same. I thank all my blogger buddies, friends, family and silent followers of my space. Without your support and encouragement this wouldn't have been possible.

Today’s recipe is dedicated to one of my friend in Hyderabad, who was my neighbour too. During my early days of  blogging, apart from family members, this friend J and her mom, used  to taste everything and give their honest opinion.

One such dish  was this Elaneer Payasam. It was a hit with  family and J loved it very very much. I remember I had prepared it for her again just before leaving Hyderabad and she remembers it till today. During one of  our chat, she told me that she had searched my whole space for the recipe but could not find it and I told her I had not posted it yet. So this one is for you J.

I don’t know whether the name payasam fits this dish. The name payasam itself brings about thoughts of boiling and reducing milk adding loads of sugar or ghee. But this one is completely different. You don’t have to ignite the stove at all. Just mix everything and chill. A very refreshing drink, perfect for the summers.





What you'll need
  1. Tender Coconut Water – 1.5 cups
  2. Tender Coconut Flesh – 1 cup
  3. Sweetened Condensed Milk – 2 to 3 tbsp
  4. Coconut Milk – 1 cup
  5. Saffron – few strands

Method
  1. Chop the tender coconut flesh and grind it. Don’t make into a smooth paste. Let few bits remain.
  2. Transfer into a vessel. Add the tender coconut water, condensed milk and coconut milk.
  3. Give it a good mix.
  4. Add saffron strands.
  5. Refrigerate atleast for an hour.
  6. Serve chilled.



Note:
You can add cardamom powder and some roasted nuts if you like. I did not add as I like it this way.
Keep refrigerated until serving.

36 comments:

Akila said...

Congrats on ur 259th post dear.. And this payasam is very interesting... Bookmarked
Event: Dish name starts with R till April 15th and a giveaway

Unknown said...

Awesome Kaveri, thanks for sharing this

Prema said...

Wow congrats Kaveri,yummy and healthy payasam...too gud presentation.

Ruxana Gafoor said...

Congrats on your 250th post... elaneer payasam looks yummy and delicious and is so easy to prepare...love elaneer

Reshmi Mahesh said...

Delicious payasam and congrats dear...Adipoli presentation...

Unknown said...

Many congratulations on your 250th post. I had tasted this payasam recently in one of the restaurants and was wondering about the recipe. Nice of you to share this.

Sangeetha Nambi said...

Inviting to me taste it right now...
http://recipe-excavator.blogspot.com

anjana said...

Never tried coconut payasam..looks delicious,lovely clicks

Mélange said...

Divine payasam there Kaveri..You can't go for a better presentation...Loved it,loved it !

Rafeeda AR said...

congrats dear on your 250th post... that payasam looks really delicious and love the fact that it does not need any cooking!!! bookmarked! :)

Sona said...

Beautiful clicks.. Payasam looks yummy!

Congrats!!!! :)

Sona - quick picks/pick quicks said...

Perfect for ur 250 th post..lovely.

Padhu Sankar said...

Congrats on your 250 th post.Keep rocking.Lovely pics

Raji RAMAKRISHNAN said...

a good summer cooler kaveri.

congts on your 250th post.

god bless

www.mahaslovelyhome.com said...

beautiful cliks n congrtas..luks yummy..

Julie said...

beautiful clicks,Kaveri..yummy elaneer payasam to celebrate dear,way to go..Congrats,Looking forward to many more interesting posts from your space:)

Rajani said...

250 Posts..Way to go girl..
This Payasam is so apt for the celebration. Must try this summer.

Hema said...

Congrats Kaveri, and a lovely post to celebrate it..

Chitz said...

Congrats dear :) May u post a lot more multiples of 250 posts :D And a wonderful recipe.. Never heard of it before.. Feel like having it right away.. But I dont get tender coconuts here :( Maybe when I get hold of it someday, I wil definitely try this... And awesome clicks.. Looks very professional.. I like that red bag.. Reminds me of some similar jewelry bags I had :)

Vidhya said...

Congrats dear on your milestone wishing you many more such happy moments.Payasam looks delicious my makes this almost the same but she calls it pudding :)

Sangeetha Priya said...

congrats n delicious payasam...loved it...

Faseela said...

Cograts dear....yummy superb payassam

Roshni said...

Kaveri, have bookmarked this.. i so wish i could get some tender coconut right now.. badly want to try it.. :-( drooling here

divya said...

Congrats...looks very tempting. Irresistible.

Priya Suresh said...

Congrats Kaveri,way to go..


Very rich and flavourful kheer..Who can resist to it.

Sudha Sabarish said...

Congrats dear on your 250th post and the payasam is mouthwatering.

Jeyashris Kitchen said...

congrats on your 250th post. Very yummy illaneer payasam

Priya Sreeram said...

hearty congrats on ur 250th post kaveri; refreshing way to celebrate it :)

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your milestone and wishing you many many more to come.

Elneer payasam looks delicious, but I will try it only when I get hold of fresh elneer. I don't like the taste of the canned elneer I get in the stores.

Nilu A said...

Great recipe.. Looks yummy.. I'm a new blogger... Do visit my blog... http://kitchenserenity.blogspot.in/

Unknown said...

congrats dear.. its new to me.. interesting recipe..

Swathi said...

Delicious payasam Kaveri, congrats on 250th post, wishing many more to come.

Unknown said...

Awesome post

http://www.followfoodiee.com/

Unknown said...

Elaneer and payasam...both make my mouth water....the payasam looks tempting.

great-secret-of-life said...

congrats on your milestone.. Payasam looks so creamy and tasty.. love the clicks

Unknown said...

How many ppl will this recipe serve to?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...