The cloudy weather and showers were a welcome respite from the heat wave. And I immediately used the opportunity to prepare some hot rotis with a delicious curry, after a long time.
Sweet corn is something that is loved by all at home. This combination of sweet corn and spinach is wonderful. A very flavorful curry that gets done in no time.
What you'll need
- Spinach - 1 Bunch
- Sweet Corn Kernals - 1.5 cups, Fresh or frozen
- Onion - 2 Medium, finely chopped
- Garlic - 2 cloves, crushed
- Green Chilly - 2 or 3
- Tomatoes - 3 to 4 Medium sized
- Coriander Powder - 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Kasuri Methi - 1/2 tsp
- Cumin Seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil - 1.5 tbsp
- Wash and rinse the spinach well. Roughly chop and blanch them along with the green chillies.
- Cool, drain and grind to a smooth puree. Reserve the water.
- Boil the sweet corn kernals and keep aside.
- Heat a kadai with oil, add cumin seeds, next add the chopped onions and crushed garlic and saute till the onions are browned.
- In the meanwhile, grind the tomatoes.
- Add the tomato puree to the browned onions and fry till all the moisture is absorbed and the raw smell disappears. Keep stirring. This will take approximately 7 to 8 minutes.
- Add the coriander powder, garam masala and fry for another minute.
- Next add the spinach puree and boiled corn. Also add the salt and mix well.
- Add the reserved water as required to adjust the consistency. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Finally add the crushed kasuri methi and mix.
Serve hot with phulkas or any Indian bread.
To make a slightly richer curry, add about 2 tbsp of fresh cream and give and mix.